I'm an artist at life.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just me and Griswald today.

Today is Easter.  It doesn't feel like Easter because I slept through church and neither egg-decorating nor hunting nor bags of jelly beans nor chocolate bunnies are on the agenda.  It's also a very quiet and lonesome day, when I feel like I should be at a park with small children running around or eating small sandwiches at a relative's house.  Rather, I will be writing a paper supporting Freud's opinion that humans should give up religion because it's a childish coping mechanism that does more harm than good.  Ironic.  I feel obligated to say that I don't actually believe that. 

I did, however, have a lovely brunch with Thomas, Linda, and Garrett this morning, which allowed me to try out a recipe for sweet potato hash browns.  I'm always very pleased when I get to cross a recipe off the "To Make Someday" list.  Today is also nice because the apartment is very clean, and I get to spend the day taking it in before it's destroyed by the weekly chaos which will no doubt be amplified by impending finals.

Speaking of which, Freud calls...

Happy Easter, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment