I'm an artist at life.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

the nutcracker? more like the slutcracker.

I'm exhausted.  I've planned every semester with the hope that I could take it easy as a second-semester senior, but Neuroscience has been my downfall.  That's not even the whole problem, though.  I'm just losing it.  I forgot about a meeting last week.  I forgot about an obligation an hour from now, and since I'm not prepared, I plan to skip it.  I had planned to have my religion paper done last Friday, and I haven't started it yet.  Which means I have two papers due this Friday.  I left the books for the first one at home.  And my hat.  I grabbed the wrong set of grad school papers that I planned to look at tonight.  Sure I forget little things all the time here and there, but today it just feels like everything.  And I've never not been on top of things before.  I don't get this behind on homework.  I'm reliable.  I'm responsible.  I do what I'm supposed to do.  I earn good references.  Though I may not always perform to the best of my abilities, I never blow anything off entirely.

The response to these concerns is often "Hey you've worked hard for four years, take a break, it's not the end of the world".  That's dumb.  Compared to most IWU students, I really don't work that hard.  No one else gets to be lazy, why should I?

Despite what this post may sound like, I wouldn't say I'm hard on myself.  I'm not an over-achieving perfectionist.  I just feel hugely unprepared and inadequate right now.  This is such brain-mush.  Sorry.

PS - So I was trying to think of a title for this, and the current one just popped into my head, and made me a lot happier.  So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment