I'm an artist at life.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

springspringspringspringspring

Today was a good day.  I picked my bike up from the bike doctor (routine checkup), so it was all smooth and clean and happy after spending months in hibernation.  Rode to the local/natural foods store to buy almond milk and larabars, because I'm foodcleansing myself of unnatural ingredients today, brought on by the act of eating half a box of raisin bran crunch yesterday.  Met Thomas for a stop at Coffee Hound for mango green tea, a walk downtown, a bike ride to normal, and a used book purchase.  Then work. Meh.  But I just finished a batch of honey roasted almonds for the trail mix I'm making for ASB!  I find that on long trips during which I rely on cafeteria style meals from a nonprofit organization trying to save money, like ASB, the vegetarian option usually lacks protein.  Hence the sugarysweet almonds.

Yet, all of these lovely events are irritatingly tainted by the knowledge of everything else I  have to do.  I will have a paper due every Friday from the first week of spring break until finals.  Six total.  And the real kicker, lectures haven't progressed enough to actually start any of them.  So I just have to sit and stare at the slowly darkening cloud of impending doom.  Bummer on such a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me laugh out loud. I'm not sure why... something about the impending doom and the bummer.

    Have a good time on ASB!

    ReplyDelete