I'm an artist at life.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I always forget to call it autumn.

Things I love about autumn:
running through pretty neighborhoods where all the houses have pumpkins on the stoop.
the decor.
drinking warm beverages, and the appropriateness of apple cider and pumpkin lattes in that selection.
the food, a la apples, pumpkins, cinnamon, soup, and butternut squash. I could go on.
walking around.
cycling.
layering.
festivals, including the many Oktoberfests and the Bucktown Apple Pie Contest.
speaking of Oktoberfest, fall ales.
being outside.
Halloween.
pumpkin patches and pumpkin carving (but not pumpkin seeds).
the smells!

Things I'm looking forward to this particular fall:
visiting my parents next week, going to craft fairs with my mom and niece, getting apple cider donuts from Tom's market, coffee with my sister, seeing my other sister who's pregnant and this time being normal enough to not think she's carrying an alien (although let's be real, she's too early to be showing), and seeing my dear friend Nikki who I don't talk to nearly enough. Oh, and my puppies of course!
going to the Chicago Botanic Gardens, where I've never been but it's free and I imagine it's gorgeous this time of year. If I could get married (hypothetically, people) anywhere it would be there, but it costs like $20,000.
finally running again, and being better than before BECAUSE I HAVE THE MOST AWESOME SHOES IN THE WORLD (Altra Intuition, ladies; dudes, Altra Instinct. Get them).
speaking of running, the Hot Chocolate 5k! Nom nom.
and also volunteering for the Girls on the Run 5k.
cycling more.
homecoming! camping (fall camping, at that), maybe some hiking, bubble tea from Fusion Brew, seeing friends, and overall being on campus for the first time since graduation.

Perhaps I'm just in a rosy mood because I went to yoga and the farmer's market on this lovely day, and later will go shopping and get coffee with Thomas. It does seem rather early for fall to be setting in so aggressively, and I'm afraid that by mid-December I'll be wishing for warmth again. I guess that means I'll just have to go on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment