I'm an artist at life.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thanks, Ishmael.

My actions do not reflect my priorities. Which in fact means that what I tell myself are my priorities are really not, but my real values are reflected by my actions. This is a very disappointing conclusion to come to. It means that I don't feel my own values are worthy or estimable. And yet I'm so used to them, they're so bound in my lifestyle, they give me such a needed sense of control, that I don't know how to shift to a lifestyle which endorses the values that I want to have, the values that I actually value.

Just thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I <3 this. And you, for your ability to write things that are profound, but unbelievably succinct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, that means a lot from you, linda. though i'll admit, now looking back i can't imagine where the clarity came from and have to read through it very slowly to follow my own logic.

    ReplyDelete