I'm an artist at life.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 12

Today was interesting. I got up to go to my internship, and halfway to the train I realized that Thomas had borrowed my UPass yesterday and I had forgotten to get it back. I decided withdraw some money from the ATM; since that would require walking back in the opposite direction, I decided to take the bus and transfer to a train rather than my usual route. Then I realized I'd have to pay twice as much for the transfer, and decided just to double back and go to the original train route. I got to the ATM and first had to transfer money to the right account via Chase Mobile, but logged on and found out that the service was unavailable. I went home and gathered up the change in our coin jar and there was enough to get to the work but not to make it home.

So I resigned myself to calling in.

Luckily my class tomorrow was cancelled so I'll just make up my hours then.

I spent the day getting a lot of homework done and finished a final paper (which means I'm totally done with 2 of 4 classes!).

Funny how things work out.

Today I'm grateful:
for a very generous and kind boss
for discovering that i like split pea soup! vegan and lots of protein.
that my class is cancelled tomorrow
that all the people who thought the new experimental poverty measure would prove that poverty isn't as big a deal as bleeding hearts make it out to be were proven wrong and it's actually worse than we thought (not that I'm grateful for more poverty, I'm grateful that there's more evidence that something needs to be done). check it http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/us/poverty-gets-new-measure-at-census-bureau.html

No comments:

Post a Comment