I'm an artist at life.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

SET YOUR GOALS

I've been spending much of my free time on Craigslist and dejectedly wondering what to do with myself. And the strange thing about being unemployed is...I have a lot of free time. Which translates to a lot of wasted time, really. But no more! Too long I've neglected personal betterment with the excuse of having no time. Now that time abounds, I have three goals expressed on colorful notecards taped to the wall in front of my desk, which I will now relate to you.

1. Run 2-3x per week. No gym membership required, and I get to wear cute clothes. I tried this about a month ago, and after a week or so got mad runner's knee. Not knowing what it was, I got all whiny and stopped running. Lo and behold, The Beginning Runner's Handbook tells me it's one of the most common injuries and easily fixed by a knee brace. I always thought people who wore those were just douche bags who wanted to say "Hey, hey look, I'm a runner". So, after I procure one of those bad boys and an ipod armband, off into the sunset I will run.

2. Limit sugar intake to 40g/day. I guess this really doesn't take any time, but eh. Most people are supposed to get around 50g, and for most people this would probably be plenty. But anytime I've tracked my intake, it's been around 70-80g/day. Which is majorly unfair, because even a banana has 12g. Ugh. But I don't want diabetes. For real though, that much sugar is hella bad for you, and it probably accounts for me being tired and cranky a lot.

3. Take photos at least 1 hour per week. I have a bangin' camera that does not get used nearly enough. This really shouldn't be hard at all, but here's why I haven't been doing it: In Bloomington and Crystal Lake, there weren't many places to go. That is not an excuse in Chicago. I just have to do some research and find someplace new to go each week. Second, it's difficult for me to do something fun when neglected homework is nagging at me. But seriously, an hour of photos is better than an hour of Stumbleupon. And also seriously, I have time for both.

Finally, sort-of-not-really along the same lines, I want to start exploring Chicago bars. Which I guess may have to wait til I have a job, but once in a while can't hurt. So if anyone in the city's lookin' for something to do, holla at me.

There ya have it, friends. Next time you see me, I will be an extremely fit and artsy peasant. How hip.

2 comments:

  1. We will hang out soon. Let us visit some bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40g a day?! I think my intake exceeds 200. Post the photos you take?

    ReplyDelete